Sunday, June 24, 2007

Beauty From Pain

I'm supposed to be flying out of Omaha tomorrow morning at 6:20am, and I really hope that I still will be. I was up most of last night throwing up, having a headache, and freezing my butt off under 3 blankets (fever).

I woke up at 10ish this morning and still didn't feel good at all. My mom suggested trying to sleep some more so that I can hopefully get over this. I went back to sleep for a few hours and I am feeling lots better, but I still don't feel the greatest. Now I'm doing last minute packing and preperations.

Honestly, sickness can come at any time, and plus Alvin and Lily have been really sick lately--so I probably caught something from one of them. But still, I have been going through a lot of spiritual warfare these past few days, and I think satan is behind this sickness, trying to oppress me, make me hopeless, and keep me from going. Somehow through all this I almost laughed this morning and said "is this all you've got?" It's going to take more than this to get me down.

I must resume packing and getting ready. Hopefully I will be on that flight tomorrow, having a layover in Dallas and then arriving to Miami just before 2 for orientation. Wednesday, June 27 all 36 of us who are meeting tomorrow in Miami will be flying to Costa Rica together. I would desperately appreciate prayers through this as some crazy stuff is going on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you. -Brett

RunningForThoseWhoCant said...

I hope you see this soon and you know that I'm praying for you as well. I don't know if you know how much that means since I don't pray much, if ever.

Your truly someone who's made a difference in who I am today (yes, a change for the BETTER) and I cannot wait to see you again. If you EVER need anything, you should know how to reach me.

Anyhoo, I can't make a single serious thought without a cheesy comment, so I'm gonna go.

"Mucho Buenos"
-Swedlund